EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Manulife Danang International Marathon – 10KM is a middle distance run, but for many recreational runners, the 10KM Run still poses as a challenge. Regardless of the shorter distance, runners are still recommended to undergo training prior to entering the race.
1. The resident fee is applied to:
– Vietnamese passport holders.
– International runners who are living in Vietnam and have a resident card (please bring your temporary resident card when you come to the Race Kit pick up, we will not accept your passport or any other documents). In the case you do not have your resident card along with you on the Race Kit pick up day, you will have to pay the difference between the local and international fee as we cannot verify your residence.
2. Registration will close once we reach capacity.
3. Free slots are eligible to place as winners and receive the trophy but those won’t receive any cash or sponsors prizes
How do I register?
Register & pay online: You can pay with Visa/MasterCard or ATM card with Internet banking.
Register & pay at convenience stores: Please see here for more information.
Offline Registration in Danang:
Address: 3rd Floor, Vietnam TravelMART Building, 27 – 29 Ly Tu Trong Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City.
Time: 8:00 – 12:00/ 14:00 – 18:00, weekdays and 8:00 – 12:00 on Saturdays.
Please contact 1800 1735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- All participants have to be 12 years old and above as of 2020 (in birth year).
- Participants are obliged to read and fully comply with all the rules, regulations, and terms before submitting registrations for Manulife Danang International Marathon 2020.
- While the event organizer has the duty to ensure safety and provide first-aids and any emergency services to participants, you are responsible for making assessment of risks to the health and safety of yourself and to act upon risks once identified. The organizer recommends you carefully prepare with proper training, especially heat training, given the weather conditions in Danang.
- All participants must provide their emergency contacts and the information must be accurate. The emergency contacts needs to be written behind the bib number once you receive your bib.
- The entry fees and any other related fees are non-refundable and are not transferable under any circumstances.
Bag drop – Running T-shirt – BIB – E-Certificate – Medal – Service Posts – Medical Care – E-guideline.
- E-Certificate will be uploaded immediately on website when having the result.
- Medical care is available at certain mobile locations and the finish line.
- For 10-kilometer race: Medals will be given when you finish the race. Did Not Finish (DNF) participants will not be eligible for the medals.
- BIB number should be pinned in front of your running shirt/singlet in a visible way.
General Info will be provided in the electronic race guideline (To be updated).
Race Kit Collection
Race Kit pick-up location: Bien Dong Park, Vo Nguyen Giap Street, Son Tra Dist., Danang City.
- 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM | 7TH AUGUST 2020,
- 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM | 8TH AUGUST 2020.
What you will receive on the race kit pick-up day:
Running T-shirt – BIB
*T-shirt size guide:
*Please note that this information is subject to change.
What should I bring for race kit pick up?
- Your confirmation email (Digital version is accepted)
- Your personal document (ID/Birth Certificate/Resident card..)
- Please inform the organizer via email email@example.com in case of your late arrival that you cannot come to pick-up your race kit on August 7th & 8th, 2020.
- For race kit pick up on behalf, you will need to bring participant’s confirmation email and their personal documents (ID/passport/resident card..). You also need to bring your personal document.
- We will try our best to provide the chosen T-shirt size, but in case your size is not available, please choose another size.
- Please check your race kit carefully when you receive it on race kit pick up day. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your race kit or there are any goods missing after when you bring it out of race kit pickup site, we won’t be able to accept back any goods or exchange for any new ones.
Race Map & Route review
* To be updated
Transportation to the Start/ Finish Line:
- The Start/Finish line of the race is in front of Bien Dong Park, Vo Nguyen Giap Str., Da Nang, which locates in the city centre.
- For your convenience, we recommend you transport to the event site using:
Taxi: Taxi Mai Linh (+84 236.3565.656); Vinasun Taxi (+84 236.3686.868) or Tien Sa Taxi (+84 236.3797.979).
Taxi/ Motorbike Ordering Apps: Grab; Go-Viet; FastGo.
- If you’re staying at a hotel, we also suggest you inform your hotel concierge/reception of your planned event participation, so that they may arrange your transfers to and from the event site appropriately.
Schedule, Start & Cut off time
FRIDAY, AUGUST 7th 2020:
2:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Race kit Pick Up.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 8th 2020:
8:30 AM – 8:00 PM: Race kit Pick Up.
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Carbo Load Dinner.
*Visit here to book your Carbo Dinner.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 9th 2020:
5:25 AM – 5:30 AM: 10KM Runner Warm-up.
5:30 AM: 10KM Starts
7:20 AM: Cut Off Time 10KM.
* Please note that information is still subject to change.
Upgrade/ Downgrade/ Transfer
1.UPGRADE/ DOWNGRADE/ TRANSFER
- Participants can change distance up until 11:59 pm Sun, 24th May 2020 – UTC + 07:00 (or once the registration is sold out). If you wish to change the distance, kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org, provide the following information:
– Your registered name and email
– Your registration ID
– Your registered distance
– Indicate what changes you would like to have (upgrade/downgrade)
- If you change to the distance whose fee is higher than the registered distance, you are required to pay the difference in entry fees of when you registered and the current fee at the point of upgrade.
- If you change to the distance whose fee is lower than the registered distance, there is no refund of the difference in entry fees.
- An administration fee of 100,000 VND must be paid upon any changes.
- Participants can transfer your entries up until 11:59 pm Sun, 24th May 2020 – UTC + 07:00 (or once the registration is sold out). If you wish to change the distance, kindly email to email@example.com, provide the following information:
- Registered participant’s information:
– Your registered email
– Your registration ID
– Your registered distance
- New participant’s information:
– DOB, gender, nationality, and email address
– Emergency contact
– T-shirt size
- An administration fee of 300,000 VND must be paid
If you have any questions regarding Upgrade/ Downgrade/ Transfer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to be aware of
- Weather Conditions: Extremely hot and humid weather in Da Nang may affect your health and safety conditions on the race date. It is advised to all runners (especially foreigners) to well prepare mentally and physically prior to race. Read our training tips here on running under extreme heat.
- Emergency Contact: It is required for all participants to provide their Emergency Contact to the Organizer and to note their Emergency Contact behind their BIB number for any emergency situations.
- Water Stations: There are water stations at every 2 kilometers including cold water and electrolyte drink.
- Aid Stations: There are 4 ambulances and 5 medic stations on duty along the course.
- Course: The course will be coned and clearly marked with distance kilometer markers. There will be volunteers and police officers at most intersections.
- Timing/ Results: The Full and Half Marathon will be chip-timed with results updated as soon as available.
Bag Drop: Bag-drop is available on the race date, however, we highly recommend you to leave all valuable items with you. We will not be responsible for any losses or damages of personal belongings.
Rules and Regulations
Manulife Da Nang International Marathon is the first professional Marathon in Vietnam certified by IAAF – AIMS (International Association of Athletics Federations and Association of International Marathons and Distance Races).
- By submitting your registration, you have agreed to abide by all the terms and conditions set by the city officials, organizers, and event supporting groups of Manulife Da Nang International Marathon 2020.
- There will be no fee refund under any circumstances.
- A participant is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry and BIB number to another party. Any transfer case will be considered as invalid registration.
- Invalid registration will not be entitled to the benefits of the participant and will not be considered for the race result.
- Free entrances will not be considered for the final event prizes.
- If the participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the organizer may suspend or terminate the participant’s registration.
- The decision of the organizer is the final decision.
Please see here for full information about Terms and Conditions.
Visit here to find more information about Manulife Da Nang International Marathon.