OUR LONG-TERM OBJECTIVE
- Limit the downside impacts of a marathon event on the environment, especially in Danang city
- Raise awareness and educate runners, spectators, volunteers, staff & partner about environmental issues
- Support the local and environmental community
OUR CURRENT ACTIONS
- No use of plastic bags in Race kit pick-up.
- Reduce unnecessary items and promotional prints in the race kit package by using their digital version.
- Use paper cups at aid stations.
- Use big water containers at hydration stations instead of plastic bottles.
- Set up plenty of trash collection points throughout the entire event.
CONTINUE OUR JOURNEY TO BE GREEN
Manulife Danang International Marathon 2022 will keep executing to make our race eco-friendly where all participants, sponsors, partners, volunteers, and the organizer together contribute to environmental protection and sustainable development.
Because of this special origin, it’s called the Green Trophy – a symbol of glory and victory. This trophy will not only reflect the brilliance, bravery, perseverance, and inner power of each individual but also embrace our mission of the Green Project to make the Manulife Danang International Marathon become a more environmentally friendly and sustainable race in the future.
This green trophy will be given to our sponsors, partners, and most importantly, the winners of the race.
All the banners, backdrops of the event will be given a second life to become beautiful products in our daily life like bags, pen cases, etc.
We cooperated with Dong Dong Saigon to collect all the used materials (hiflex) this year so that we can start to recycle them. All the products produced from the last event using hiflex will be sold in the race this year.
Dong Dong Saigon aims to raise their little voice for the environment with durable and unique recycled items with high functionality.
“Dòng Dòng”, in Saigon accent, means “to go around”, which is a way to imagine the life cycle of used tarps from old awnings or truck covers to the unique items for your daily uses.
Following the criteria of the Green Award during the event days, sponsors/ partners will be given a token for their attempt to stay “green” in our events.
The award aims to acknowledge the GREEN PROJECT, which demonstrates sustainability and best practices to minimize negative impacts of the event on the environment; including, but not restricted to: recycling & waste management and environmental improvement & awareness.
When joining Green Award, your organization will not only get recognition but also gain mass awareness and enhance green image among society.
- Your organization will be our official Green Partner.
- Your organization’s logo will appear on Subpage “Green Award”.
- Your organization’s name/logo will be integrated into the Event FB Fanpage posts in order to promote your activities.
- Awarded appreciation token for winning organizations having the most attractive actions.
- Dedicated post for the winning organization on Event FB Fanpage.
HOW TO JOIN GREEN AWARD?
To join Green Awards, you must be sponsors/ partners/ vendors of the Manulife Danang International Marathon.
Please contact us via email@example.com to get our Green Award Guideline and Registration form.
GREEN MERCHANDISE - ORDER AND DONATE!
RECYCLED TRAVEL BAG is an accessory that’s made of our previous event’s backdrop, standees, banners. The hiflex that seemed to be useless after the event was given a second life, becAoming an accessory with its own story and a message of love for the environment.
50% PROFITS FROM EACH ITEM PURCHASED WILL BE CONTRIBUTED TO CHARITIES.
If you are a “Green Runner,” this is a unique accessory you can not miss out!
- Material: hiflex
- Size: 20 × 8 × 13 cm
- Every product has unique design
Price: 340,000 VND
LET’S MAKE THE CITY GREEN TOGETHER!
We believe that ” A clean city is a loved city”