By submitting your registration in any form of media (via website, email or offline registration form, etc.), you have agreed to enter and participate in the following race, Manulife DaNang International Marathon 2022, and abide by all the terms, conditions, e-waiver set by the city officials, organizers, and race supporting groups.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
RACE EVENT ENTRY & REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Without exception, all participants must agree to and sign the race e-waiver included in the registration e-form by clicking in the box “Agree”.
Minimum age of a participant is 18 years old, on race day, to enter the Marathon (42.195KM), 16 years old for the Half Marathon (21KM), and 12 years old for the 10KM distance. Any participant discovered to be under the required age by registered distance will be disqualified.
Race entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable under all circumstances.
UPGRADE & DOWNGRADE DISTANCE
Competitors can change distance once registered up until 11:59pm Monday, 14th February, 2022 – UTC+07:00. If you wish to change events you can do so by emailing email@example.com with the subject: MDNIM22 x UPGRADE/DOWNGRADE and provide the following information:
- Your registered name and email
- Your registration ID
- Your registered distance
- Indicated what changes you would like to have (upgrade/downgrade)
If you change to an event of a greater value than your original event, you are required to pay the difference in entry fees of when you registered and the fee as it stands at the point of upgrade.
If you change to an event of a lesser value, there is no refund of the difference in entry fees.
Administration fee of 100,000 VND/ Slot must be paid upon any changes.
*Note: Not apply for Complimentary Registration
Entries may be transferred to another runner once registered up until 11:59pm Monday, 14th February, 2022 – UTC+07:00. If you wish to do so, you should emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, provide the following information:
- Your registered email
- Your registration ID
- Your registered distance
Administration fee of 300,000 VND/ Slot must be paid.
* Note: Not apply for Complimentary Registration
All registrations for the Manulife Danang International Marathon event are considered final upon payment. Race entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable under all circumstances.
Race BIB’s are assigned and must be picked up & verified by the person who originally registered for it. All participants must show their personal documents (ID/Passport) when picking up their race packets for proper verification. The BIB number can only be obtained at the Race Kit Collection point.
The timing chip will be pinned under the BIB number and need to be tested at the timing chip counter on race kit pick up day. Participants found to be wearing or transporting two or more timing chips during the race will be disqualified and banned from future Events.
All registrations and BIB’s assigned are strictly prohibited from being swapped, or worn by another person on race day. A person running with a BIB not assigned to them will result in the disqualification of the person, wearing the BIB, who is running with the unmatched BIB. The person to whom the BIB is registered to will also be disqualified.
Complimentary Entry Registrations will not change the distance or transfer the registration.
All participants must wear, always, the official BIB at the start line, race route, and finish line to be identified and treated as a participant of the race.
Race BIB’s must be pinned on the front of the participant’s singlet, shirt, or shorts and must always be clearly visible, while on the race course and finish line. Participants who can’t be verified as they pass through officials and checkpoints due to missing or obscured race numbers may be determined to have cut the course and removed from the results or disqualified. Race numbers may not be folded or cut.
Complimentary Entry Registrations (CER) are entitled to:
- Podium, if one of the ranking winners
- Trophy, if one of the ranking winners
- Have race results with Ranking on our event website
- Medal (if race distance is completed within allotted time)
- Finisher or runner shirt, whichever is provided in the race category
- No CER is entitled to receive any cash or sponsor prizes.
- Downgrade/Upgrade/Transfer don’t apply for Complimentary Registration.
The race course can either be described as the roadway between the edges and curbs or by the marks or cones.
Participants must not destroy or vandalize any public or private property. Individuals will be subject according to the Vietnamese Law for penalties and punishment with violations in and around the venue and on the race route. Participants on the race route must take full responsibility for their actions.
Participants are responsible to recognize and understand the event signages and symbols relating to the race route maps, facilities, and directions.
Participants must retire immediately from the race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any government authority, including fire and police officers.
Participants are required to start in their designated race pen.
All participants must get into their starting pen at the assigned entry points. Illegal entering such as climbing over the fence will be disqualified from the event.
Any participant late for their races’ start time or attempting to enter a start pen to which they are not assigned will be required to start after all other participants have crossed the start line (start at the last pen).
All participants are responsible for knowing the event’s start times, of individuals’ respective races, and check-in method for their pen. All participants must remain in their pen at the appointed time to receive further instructions and get into the official start line of the race. In order to maintain safety, late-arriving participants must report to the last pen.
4.2. Time Limit
The Event has a maximum race day finish time of 7 hours measured from the Marathon Start time. The Marathon course will reopen for public use on a rolling schedule based on this time limit. The aid stations will also be closed at the same time as the streets re-opened.
The event time requirement applies to all forms of entry and event participation.
Participants shall immediately and respectfully comply with the directions of any race official, event staff, and government authority. Participants may not make any public protest or display of disgust with regards to the application of these rules or any decision of any race marshal or official.
No Participant shall make a bad-faith protest against any other participants.
4.4. Conduct & Interference
At all times during the race, Participants will act with due consideration of the safety and rights of other participants. Regardless of the circumstances or competitive disadvantage, no participant shall commit any act that endangers any other participant. Participants shall not intentionally obstruct, impede or interfere with the forward progress of another participant. Actions such as these are safety hazards and participants endangering others will be banned from future events or organizer and associates of the organizer in the region.
Participants must remain on the race course, which is determined by the roadway’s edges and curbs or the marks and cones. Those who intentionally shorten the race route, or “course cutting” will be considered disqualified. Any participant that abandons the race course, no matter the reason, must re-enter the race at the last post or else will also be disqualified for course-cutting. Moreover, a course-cutting violation can be decided by eye-witness reports, surveillance equipment and video or failure to register times at timing mats or present in race photography. Participants whose split times are missing or irregular at official timing checkpoints will be reanalyzed and considered for disqualification.
4.6. Unauthorized Persons
Only participants who registered to join the race are allowed along the course, start & finish area. No other person is authorized to be on the course unless they are registered participants. All unauthorized persons and not having issued BIB numbers shall be directed to leave the course.
4.7. Participant safety
For the safety of the participant and the others around him/her, participants are not allowed to carry more than what is necessary for the race.
You may have with you while running the following:
- Pocket-sized audio player and headphones
- Pocket-sized cellular phone
- Pocket-sized photographic devices (example mini-sport cameras only)
- Hydration bottles and fuel belts
- Flags that can fit in the pocket, must be non-commercial
- Hydration bags and belts (specifically only for hydration and nutrition)
Prohibited items include:
- Selfie sticks, camera mount which is not attached directly to the head or torso
- Weapons & sharp objects
- Signs & banners larger than 30cm x 45cm
- Duvets, sleeping bags, and large blankets or comforters
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal substances of any kind
- Flycam, unmanned aerial devices, and any other flying device
The use of wheeled devices by participants is strictly limited to authorized and officially registered wheelchair and handcycle participants, baby joggers, baby strollers. Skateboards, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device are not permitted in Marathon, Half Marathon & 10KM races.
No animals of any kind, including dogs, may be brought on the course or into the Start or Finish line areas.
An infant or child cannot be carried at any point on the race course or in the Start or Finish line areas.
4.8. Directions from Officials
Participants must retire immediately from the race if ordered to do so by a member of the race’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
Race officials will have the right to reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to safety or security concerns, weather.
4.9. Directions from Medical Officials
Authorized medical personnel will have the right to require a participant to stop at any point on the race course for an examination. Medical personnel may remove a participant from the race if it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare. Any participant who fails to immediately accept the direction of an authorized medical personnel will be disqualified and may be banned from future races. Participants allowed by medical personnel to continue the race course will not have received any illegal assistance and not be penalized.
Participants need to take full responsibility for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the race, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician, pharmaceutical goods and services.
RESULTS & AWARDS
The top 3 finishers in Marathon (42.195KM), Half Marathon (21KM) and 10KM distance will receive a commemorative award. All official finishers in Marathon (42.195KM), Half Marathon (21KM) and 10KM, within the respective cut off times, will receive a commemorative medal.
*Please note: Complimentary Registrations are eligible for Winner titles and Trophies, but will not be able to receive any cash or sponsor prizes.
5.1 Finisher medals & finisher t-shirt
All runners who cross the start and finish line during the race will receive their finisher shirts (42KM and 21KM races)
All runners who cross the finish line within the respective cut off time for their respective registered races will receive the race medal. (42KM, 21KM, 10KM races)
5.2 Did Not Finish (DNF) participants
Participants who finished the race beyond the cut off time given to them for their respective race will be marked as Did Not Qualify in the results page.
All DNF participants are not eligible to receive the medals. The reason is that the participant did not finish the race in the allotted time given.
5.3 Official times for all races
All runners are timed electronically by the organizer, the system reads your chip attached to your BIB. Do not at any time cut, peel, bend, or damage your BIB and chip, protect your BIB’s. The net time is when the chip crosses the start line and when it crosses the finish line.
The official competition time used to determine the competition’s ranking is gun time. Gun time is the amount of time the gun is fired until a participant runs past the finish line.
All official times “Gun times” and “Chip time” are provided on the results page of the official race website.
TERMS AND AGREEMENT
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the race or to ask you to cease participation if you participate in the race with a manner that we believe:
- may cause injury to you or another participant;
- may damage or harm the environment;
- in our opinion is likely to cause offense;
- or otherwise causes a risk or potential risk to health and safety;
- including any failure the consumption or use of alcohol or drugs;
- an injury or illness, health problems
- If cancellation of reasons goes beyond our reasonable control arise, including, without limitation, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism or inclement weather conditions, or any internal reasons, there will not be a refund.
- You agree that any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the race or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
- Personal information includes medical data collected for health and safety purposes
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us and our race partners in connection with the organization, staging, and administration of the race.
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you may be anonymized and the anonymized data may be used by us and our race partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information including the promotion and marketing of the race or related legal activities.
- It is YOUR responsibility to be fit and well on the day of the marathon in order to enjoy the experience and not put yourself at risk. We won’t take any liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnity
The participant knows that running a road race is a potentially hazardous activity. The participant will not enter and run unless the participant is medically able and properly trained. The participant agrees to abide by any decisions of a race official relative to his/ her ability to safely complete the run. The participant assumes all risks associated with running this race, which cannot be eliminated completely, ranging from minor injuries to catastrophic injuries, including, but not limited to tripping and falling, contacting with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic and the conditions of the road and death, all such risks being known and acknowledged by the participant. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of acceptance of entry, the participant, for his/ herself and anyone entitled to act on his/ her behalf, waive and release the race and the Da Nang City, its board members, officers, employees, sponsors, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors, and agents, their representatives and successors from, and agree not to sue any of the foregoing on, any and all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of his/ her participation in this race even though that liability may arise out of negligence, whether sole, joint, concurrent, or gross, or carelessness on the part of the person named in this waiver.
The participant is strictly not allowed to transfer his/ her race entry and BIB number to another party. Any transfer case without confirmation by the organizer will be considered as invalid registration. Invalid registration will not be entitled for the benefits of participants and will not be considered for the race result.
In the race of inclement weather and the organizer has decided to postpone, stop or cancel the race, the participant agrees to abide by their decision and if the participant decides otherwise, he/she acknowledges all the risks involved and hereby waive & release the race, its organizers and Da Nang City, from any and all claims or liabilities.
If the participants are registering a child under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of that party and have the legal authority to enter into this agreement on their behalf and by proceeding with this race registration, you agree that the terms of this Agreement and Waiver shall apply equally to all Registered Parties.
- What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register for a race, respond to a survey, join our priority list or fill out a form on our website.
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
- What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
– To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
– To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
– To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
– To process transactions.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
– To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
– To send periodic emails.
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your registration, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc..
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Your Consent
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Note: This information is subject to change following guidance/ regulations for the events regulated by the Government and the Danang City Department of Health.
As your safety is our top priority, we’re working our best to ensure an adequate race experience for all participants. In order to do that, we also need your coordination.
According to Official Letter No. 98/PA-SVHTT on the plan of Covid-19 pandemic Prevention and Control at the Manulife Danang International Marathon 2022 issued by the Department of Culture and Sports of Danang City, which states that all participants must follow the below regulations when joining the event on March 18-20th, 2022:
- Have had at least 2 doses of vaccine, the most recent one not more than 6 months before the race date; or 1 dose and have recovered from COVID-19 no more than 6 months by March 20th, 2022. Those who cannot vaccinate according to the instructions of the competent authority must provide the certificate.
- Provide proof of a negative test for Covid-19 RT– PCR or rapid antigen test within 72 hours before March 20th, 2022. Participants can be tested at any specialized health facility.
Or can have a rapid antigen test right at the event area at Bien Dong Park:
+ Time: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM on March 18 – 19, 2022
+ Testing fee: 60,000 VND/person
+ Medical Facility: Medical personnels of 199 Hospital under The Ministry of Public Security.
Relating to this regulation, The organizers worked closely with Da Nang city authorities to discuss how the race can take place as planned while also ensuring the safety of participants and the Da Nang people in the current situation. The regulation was issued in conjunction with the Da Nang Department of Health after a time of monitoring the epidemic situation in Da Nang and throughout the country. It is in place to ensure that all participants are healthy and in good condition to complete the race. Simultaneously, minimize the processes taken to check Covid-19 information and guarantee the safety of volunteers, staff, and medical personnel when contacting participants in the event of a first-aid and emergency situation during the race or in the hospital if it unfortunately happens.
*With the above regulations, we recommends:
– Runners should not run with the BIB of another to ensure the benefits of medical support as well as emergency situations if any
– For those who have a positive test result for COVID-19 before March 20, 2022, do not join the race to ensure the health and safety of themselves, other runners and staff.
- Make a health declaration via the “PC-COVID” application (scan the QR code provided by the organizers) and show it at the entrance of the race.
- All participants are required to wear a mask when entering the event area, before the race starts, and after finishing the race.
- For those who have a positive test result for COVID-19 before the race date of March 20, 2022, it is required to notify the organizer for support and not be allowed to participate in the race.
- If the participant does not follow the regulations, the Organizer reserves the right to refuse the participant to join in the race under any circumstances.
- Friends and families of participants can visit the Expo area without having negative proof for Covid-19, but must follow the above safety regulations.
- Only participants can be allowed to access the event site on March 20th.
- Participants are encouraged to monitor their health within 7 days of entering the race and actively test for COVID-19 if symptoms appear. If the test result is positive, the participants need to notify and follow your residential local personnel.
For children under 12 years old accompanied by an adult, no need to show the proof of a negative test for Covid-19 and health declaration. Should wear a mask and keep distance.
For participants who have a positive Covid-19 test results right at the event from 18-19 March 2022, a portion of registration fee will be refunded. (The organizers will assist participants in this case after the race from March 23, 2022).